LapBand®: Laparoscopic Adjustable
Trust The Safest Surgical Weight-Loss Procedure
Many prospective patients are concerned about the possible complications caused by Lap-Band Surgery, Vertical Gastrectomy, Duodenal Switch, and Roux en Y Bariatric Bypass Surgery.
No cutting / less invasive
No hospital stay
Customized, healthy weight loss
However, Lap-Band Surgery, approved by the FDA in 2001, is actually the safest, least invasive type of bariatric bypass surgery for weight-loss patients.
How Does It Work?
Once in place, the Lap-Band reduces the size of your stomach to between 15 and 30 ccs (about the size of an egg), while a normal stomach has a capacity of more than 1000 ccs.
Through a port in the LapBand embedded in the abdominal wall, just below the skin, Lap-Band Surgery is the only weight-loss procedure that lets doctors adjust the amount of restriction. The result? Each patient can benefit from customized weight-loss treatment. By gradually restricting the amount of food a patient can consume, the adjustable LapBand enables a safer recovery and healthier long-term weight-loss.
LAPSF's experienced doctors have performed more than 2,000 Lap-Band procedures. The LapBand:
- Is a small, inflatable belt placed around a patient's stomach.
- Is a minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, like LAPSF's other weight-loss procedures, including Roux en Y Gastric Bypass Surgery and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Restricts the amount of food you can consume.
- Slows the emptying of food from the stomach.
- Provides a constant sensation of being "full."
- Has an operating time of about 60 minutes.
- Enables most patients to leave the hospital the same day.
- On average, patients who undergo LapBand Surgery experience a 60% loss of excess weight. (LAPSF considers it a more moderate surgical weight-loss option.)
If you'd like to pursue a surgical weight-loss Lap-Band Surgery or Roux en Y Bariatric Bypass Surgery, please contact us today.